Isle of Skye
7 - 11 Apr 2024 : 2 Places Available
7 – 11 Apr 2024
Our Isle of Skye photography tour truly is set in one of the finest places on earth for making landscape photos. Dramatic mountains, moody loughs, beautiful trees and stunning coastline. Our Scottish photo tour departs from Inverness International airport. We will stay on Skye for 4 nights in a well-appointed hotel to shoot all locations. Couple the dramatic foregrounds with amazing mountain background’s at Elgol, Sligachan and the Quiraing and you are in for a real treat.
Moving hotels when on tour is normally a necessary part of any trip. Skye however has so many stunning locations you will be based out of the same hotel for the entirety of the trip. Some locations are up to 1 hour’s drive but there is majesty north, south, east, and west so we will locate you centrally and give you access to all.
From Inverness, we will go straight to Skye catching dinner en route and picking up sunset before checking into our hotel base. We will shoot sunrise each morning followed by breakfast back at our hotel. A few hours of downtime to chill and charge batteries, then an afternoon shoot, dinner, and sunset. There will be a webinar to help you edit your images post-workshop. You send your pictures to your instructor and a section will be edited live. The webinar will be recorded and sent back to you so you will have a route map to help you make the most of your images after the workshop. We will also offer discounted rates on our online photography courses plus we have a range of free courses you can access so you’re ready to go before you even arrive.
The cost of our Isle of Skye photo tour is €2850. €350 deposit is required to secure your place and the balance would be due two months before the trip gets underway.
For this cost, you will receive single occupancy hotel accommodation throughout. Your comfort is taken seriously and we will be staying in hotels throughout with wi-fi access. Breakfast is included.
Transportation is also included (excluding flights) so you will be driven to and from all locations throughout the duration of the tour. All you need to do is enjoy your shooting, learn some new skills and make lots of beautiful images.
FLIGHTS are not included.
It is not advised to book flights until we confirm we have adequate numbers for this workshop to go ahead. In the event of the workshop not going ahead, we will refund deposits in full. However, we will not compensate for flight costs.
- On Location Guidance
- Compositional Instruction
- Post Processing Instruction in Free Webinar
- Understanding Exposure Triangle
- Modes of Exposure
- RAW, White Balance and Filters
- Why is the angle of the sun so important – Understanding Light and seeing like your camera
- Using Graduated Neutral Density Filters
- Sharpness From Here to Shanghai – Understanding Depth of Field
- Choosing the Correct Shutter Speed to get the best Outcome
- The Importance of Composition – Using Lines and Texture
- Histograms ExplainedExposing to the Right for Maximum Details
- Spare batteries for camera if possible or the battery charger essential
- We will be shooting both wide angles and intimate details so focal lengths from 17mm to 200mm will be of use.
- Tripod (essential)
- Shutter cable release if possible but we can also use your timer if you don’t have a cable release.
- Camera Manual (just in case)
- Filters – Circular Polariser , ND’s and grad ND’s will be of use
- USB drive to store edited images (we can also use your CF or SD cards if you don’t have one) (In case we have to work indoors)
- Laptop – If anyone has a laptop with Photoshop or Lightroom – I’m sure this will come in handy
- You will need a pair of over ankle height waterproof boots
- Good waterproof jackets & trousers
MODERATE: Most locations are easy access but there is a difficult hike to Old Man of Storr. 1hr over uneven ground with elevation. Moderate/Good level of fitness needed or else sleep in one sunrise.
Our team is dedicated to getting you the best images possible on every trip. We are an experienced team of leaders and always willing to go the extra mile for our participants. Ask our repeat customers. Most workshops have 50% or higher returning customers.
We will get you to the right place at the right time of day to maximize your chances of making great images. That’s the core focus of every trip. What drives us forward. We love the light as much as you do and our primary goal is always to give you the best chance possible of bringing home special images.
We have small groups and a really high teacher to pupil ratio. Most workshops are only 6 or 7 people. Our max is 9 and there will be 2 instructors. This means that there is always time to give advice and help when on location. It also means we always travel in comfort with 2 people to a 3 seat berth. We take your comfort seriously with single occupancy rooms with private bathrooms as standard. We also have a dedicated office team managing logistics so you have a point of contact for your arrival and departures or other logistical questions you might have around the trip.
Every workshop of 3 days or more comes with a free follow-up private webinar for the group. 2 hours of post-processing of the images from your trip. Recorded live and emailed back to you so you have a road map through the edit of the whole trip.
So why not join the adventure? Join the ExploreLight Community!